After a rough and wet boat ride to the island of Utila, just an hour off the coast of La Ceiba my friend Joshue, and I had landed in a tropical paradise. After being warmly greeted by Karla, the young and dimpled director of the island´s spanish language school we grabbed our bags and handed off Kevin, her big eyed, sleepy 4 year old newphew whom we had towed along with us. Utila being mainly known as a backpacker/dive island as it offers the cheapest underwater diving course in the world is small, full of life, gorgeous and easy to find your way about. An obvious amount of potential lies on this island and most people count on there being a big boom in tourism over the next 5-10 years.
Walking the streets full of Gringos, Europeans and many Carribean English speaking locals you can quickly and easily get to wherever your going at a relaxed and layed back pace while moped after moped trucks on by. With no agenda in place, except to soak up as many rays as possible while building up enough stamina for the nights ahead of us we were luckily spoiled with the hottest weekend I´ve experienced yet. After a weekend of utter relaxation on a sparsley populated Carribean beach resting on calm, turquoise waters, warm home cooked meals that didn´t include refried beans as the main feature and nightly cheersing of local beers during worldly conversations with backpackers from around the globe I summed up this past weekend as a delicious island success!
And so now...back to work (but hey I can´t complain...I absolutley love it!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment